Sunday 24 March 2013

The Easter Bunny

This week I haven't had much time for sewing. I did sneak in a cushion project!


With a Easter feel, I made a rabbit cushion for my little boy. Originally I was going to use fleece but then remembered about some 'fur'  fabric I once bought.


First I hand drew the rough shape and made some pattern pieces.



My little boy selected some contrasting fabric.


A bit of pinning, then sew. (it was about now I realised that several layers of fur fabric would be difficult to fit under the foot on the machine!!)


At this point you couldn't tell if the foot was up or down, the fabric was soooo thick. 
Surprisingly I only snapped one needle.



I added some velcro to the back. (zips and fur fabric is beyond my capabilities)


Then just add a sleepy face and send the two of them off to bed.
I expected the rabbit to sit on the bed, but when I checked on them later, the rabbit was under the covers. In the morning I was informed that 'Bubbles' the rabbit took up lots of  room in bed!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment