Monday 9 September 2013

On my lovely table. . .

So after a break from 'On my lovely table' weekly posts, I am back at the table, so to speak!

The last week of the holidays was pretty busy, with a few days out and the last minute preparations for school.

We did do a little baking last week.
After buying some lovely fresh beetroot at the farm shop I made a beetroot and chocolate cake. I used Nigellas recipe .


The beetroot needed cooking first.


Then puree.


Wow just look at the colour, ooh how it could stain!


Then mix and into the oven.


It does look a little burnt but it tasted delicious.
(My little boy who doesn't like veg, didn't even notice the beetroot!! result)


Then on Friday the Hama beads where allover my lovely table and the floor.


All that sorting.


Can you tell who it is?


He's just 'chillin' in this photo.

Yes he's a minion out of 'Despicable Me 2'

(Not sure he has a name, I'll ask my little boy after school. That remind me I suppose I should go and pick him up!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm going to have to check that cake out! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was going to have a go at making this cake saw the recipe in this months Country Living Magazine...And Hama beads are my guilty pleasure..have made lots of things out of them...liking your minion.

    ReplyDelete