Sunday 3 November 2013

Half term . . . baking!

We had a baking day (well morning really) over half term.

Before breakfast I made up some gingerbread dough, this needed to chill in the fridge for an hour or so.

Then we started on our beetroot buns!


We got some fresh beetroot from the farm shop when we got our pumpkins. I scrubbed the beetroot, cut it into quarters, then boiled it until cooked.

My little boy peeled the beetroot when they had cooled, then he chopped them up.

I then blitzed them into a lovely looking smoothie!!


We mixed the smoothie with the dry ingredients ready for the cake cases.
 The ginger bread dough was ready for rolling, this was left to my daughter. She produced some Halloween biscuits all with individual facial expressions!!

1 comment:

  1. Beetroot buns sound so interesting! I would think they were pretty sweet? I like that idea.

    ReplyDelete