Saturday 23 August 2014

Slow down Summer Holidays !!

Is it just me or are the summer holidays going super fast? Last week I realize how long was left and had a bit of a panic!!!
We haven't been for some of our favorite summer days out yet. . . . 
So on Friday we headed up to Kirby Lonsdale for a walk along the river and a look in some of the lovely shops.


Its a beautiful town / village and I'm reliably told (my Mum told me) that it was used as a location for the BBC Jamaica Inn.


We had a look on the bridge for the devils hand print (This is something we did as children, the story has been very distorted over the years, I'm no longer sure there is a hand print. But my little boy was intrigued)


P.S. I've just had a quick look at Devils Bridge on Wikipedia and there's no mention of a hand print. Oh well this children enjoyed looking.


3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful from the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go to Devil's bridge every Sunday with a old boyfriend on his motorbike. The river and town are a lovely place.
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous looking place and a nice memory for the children.

    ReplyDelete